Our Sources of Funding
Tuition and fees account for only 7 percent of our revenue. The majority comes to us through the generosity of individuals and family foundations.
- It is set at $2,550, but families pay an average of $500, which is all they can afford.
- One school family pays full tuition plus gives a full scholarship for another scholar.
- Our actual direct cost of educating each child is $7,000; adding JPII’s share of central office expenses brings our cost to $11,000.
- Most of our cafeteria revenue comes from state reimbursement.
- 88% of our scholars qualify for free or reduced-price lunch.A family of four qualifies for free meals if its annual income is less than $31,980, a level set by the federal government.
Sister parishes, foundations and other organizations
- They contribute 26% of our revenue.
- This includes subsidies from the Catholic Services Appeal Foundation and gifts from Our Lady of Grace School.
- We also receive support from these NE Minneapolis parishes:
— Church of the Holy Cross
— St. Boniface
— Our Lady of Lourdes
— Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
— SS Cyril and Methodius
— Church of All Saints
Individuals and family foundations
- We get 60% of our revenue from individuals.
- Our annual Gala brings in around $200,000.
- We do two major mail appeals each year: Christmas and spring.
- We offer school tours for donors and potential donors so they can better understand how our school works and meet scholars.