Our Sources of Funding
Tuition and fees account for only seven percent of our revenue. The majority comes to us through the generosity of individuals and family foundations.
- It is set at $2,550, but families pay an average of $500, which is all they can afford.
- Our actual direct cost of educating each child is $7,000; adding JPII’s share of central office expenses brings our cost to $12,500.
- Most of our cafeteria revenue comes from state reimbursement.
- 66% of our scholars qualify for free or reduced-price lunch. A family of four qualifies for free meals if its annual income is less than $36,075, a level set by the federal government.
Sister parishes, foundations and other organizations
- They contribute 26% of our revenue.
- This includes subsidies from the Catholic Services Appeal Foundation and gifts from Our Lady of Grace School.
- We also receive support from these NE Minneapolis parishes:
— Church of the Holy Cross
— St. Boniface
— Our Lady of Lourdes
— Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
— St. Cyril and Methodius
— Church of All Saints
Individuals and family foundations
- We get 60% of our revenue from individuals.
- We do four major mail appeals each year: fall, Christmas, spring and year end.
- We offer school tours for donors and potential donors so they can better understand how our school works and meet scholars.