Want to volunteer to help build the playground? Get more information.
At St. John Paul II Catholic Preparatory School, we not only welcome volunteers from the community, we depend on them. Volunteers play an important role in supporting our students. Opportunities to help range from listening to a first grader read aloud, helping eighth grade students prepare for the state standardized math test, to working on our buildings and grounds.
We offer numerous ways to engage with our students:
• Support teachers in the classroom with one-to-one or small-group tutoring in reading/language arts, math
• Read to students in the Kidstop Before- and After-School programs
• Assist with homework in Kidstop Before- and After-School programs
• Help chaperone field trips
Many people want to help our students succeed but aren’t able to commit to a regular volunteer schedule. Throughout the year, volunteers are needed for one-time events such as field trips, gardening, health screening day, school picture day, and costume construction for our Christmas Program. To be on an e-mail list for one-time volunteer opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Manager, Margaret Conroy, 612 760-3928
Requirements for all volunteers
- The desire to help our wonderful students thrive!
- Completion of the volunteer application process including:
The Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis mandates that all individuals who are in contact with children and/or vulnerable adults through a school, parish, or archdiocesan institution meet three criteria:
- A successful background check: JPII, through the archdiocese, has contracted with a very reputable agency that has been used for years by archdiocesan schools, parishes, and institutions to conduct background checks for all employees and volunteers.
- Participation in a VIRTUS session: VIRTUS is the program that identifies best practices designed to help prevent wrongdoing and promote “right doing” within religious organizations. The VIRTUS program is the program mandated by the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
- Volunteer Code of Conduct: Individuals who work or volunteer with children and/or vulnerable adults are required to sign the “Volunteer Code of Conduct.” This code outlines what a volunteer will and will not do in their volunteer capacity.
To begin the process, fill out the Volunteer-Application-and-Release.
Drop off or mail to
St. John Paul II Catholic Preparatory School
1630 4th Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
E-mail to Margaret Conroy
Fax to: 612 529-7618
For more information about volunteer opportunities, please contact: