Start the Process of Becoming a Volunteer
Please read and follow the steps below to complete the process for volunteering in the schools:
- Download and complete a Volunteer Application.
- Submit the Volunteer Application to the school office or directly to Margaret Conroy, ACA Volunteer Manager, via email. Margaret will follow up with you regarding volunteer interest.
- Await an email from Alison Keller, HR Admin, who will provide a New User Guide and additional forms to start the online Essential 3 process. She will provide detailed instruction as needed for online access and completion.
- Once you have completed all required steps in the Essential 3 process, you will receive a confirmation from Alison Keller.
- Margaret Conroy will contact you to schedule volunteer time in the school.
Safe Environment Protection Process
The Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis mandates that all individuals who are in contact with children and/or vulnerable adults through a school, parish, or archdiocesan institution meet three criteria:
- A successful Background Check: Church of the Ascension, through the archdiocese, has contracted with a very reputable agency that has been used for years by the archdiocesan schools, parishes, and institutions to conduct background checks for all employees and volunteers.
- Participation in a VIRTUS Training session: VIRTUS is a program that identifies best practices designed to help prevent wrongdoing and promote “right doing” within religious organizations for the safe environment protection of youth and vulnerable adults.
- Volunteer Code of Conduct: Individuals who work or volunteer with children and/or vulnerable adults are required to sign the Volunteer Code of Conduct. This code outlines what a volunteer will and will not do in their volunteer capacity.
This Essential 3 process is done online.